Brittany Van Veen, CFLS*
Attorney Brittany Van Veen is focused on all aspects of Family Law, including dissolution, parentage, domestic violence, contempt, post-Judgment litigation, guardianships, and pre and post nuptial agreements. She specializes in high asset, complex, and high conflict matters and passionately advocates for her clients.
Working closely with her clients and helping them through personal and difficult legal issues is her top priority, while she’s proud to say that her clients mention their favorite traits are her feistiness and responsiveness. Brittany is always client-focused and strives to attain the best outcome for their future happiness. She doesn’t back down from attorneys many years her senior and is always willing to make herself available when her clients need to talk.
Brittany graduated cum laude with her Juris Doctorate from Thomas Jefferson School of Law and her Bachelor of the Arts in Sociology with an emphasis on Law and Society from University of California, Davis. As a recipient of the Dean’s Scholarship for all three years in attendance, she also claimed the Honor Roll multiple times while taking part in many extra-curricular activities.
Brittany is one of the youngest to qualify as a Certified Family Law Specialist in Orange County. She takes pride in the concept of continual learning and honing her craft. She believes that the combination of knowledge and ability will ultimately fair well for her clients, providing them with the best opportunity for a successful outcome to their matter.
Away from the office, Brittany enjoys spending time outdoors with her dogs, devotedly rooting for the Pittsburgh Steelers, and drinking impressive amounts of coffee.
*Certified Family Law Specialist by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
Areas of Practice
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Division of Property
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Partnerships
- Father’s Rights
- Juvenile Dependency
- Legal Separations
- Parental Relocation (Move-away)
- Post-Judgment Modifications
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Parental Alienation
- Restraining Orders
- Rights of Unmarried Parents
- Spousal Support
- Visitation Rights
Professional Positions, Associations, and Memberships
- California Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Certified Family Law Specialist (CFLS), pending final approval
- Juris Doctorate – Thomas Jefferson School of Law – San Diego, CA (2014)
- Bachelor of Arts, Sociology, Law and Society Emphasis – University of California Davis – Davis, CA (2011)
- California, 2014
Honors and Awards
- 2019 Avvo Client’s Choice award
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law
- Graduated with honors, cum laude.
- Dean’s Scholarship recipient for all three years.
- Honor Roll (Fall 2011, Spring 2012, Spring 2013). Activities: (1) 2012 Presidential Campaign Volunteer; (2) TJSL Veterans Self-Help Legal Clinic.
- University California Davis
- Honoree of Davis Honors Challenge
- Study Abroad Summer 2009 in Greece and Summer 2010 in London, England
- Davis Student Political Involvement Group
Experience the HBP Difference
We pledge to serve & protect your interests
We will work tirelessly to achieve your goals
We promise to make you important
We have over 300 years' experience combined
We have 10 Certified Family Law Specialists (CFLS) as certified by the California Board of Legal Specialization
Our attorneys are waiting to help you
Professional Legal Help
Telephonic Case Assessment
1897 California Ave., Ste. 102, Corona, CA 92881
4940 Campus Dr., Ste. A, Newport Beach, CA 92660
38975 Sky Canyon Dr., Ste. 101, Murrieta, CA 92563
3780 12th Street, Riverside, CA 92501
3110 Camino Del Rio S., Ste. 308, San Diego, CA 92108
380 S. Melrose Dr., Ste. 347, Vista, CA 92083