James Parke, CFLS*
Partner, Certified Family Law Specialist
James (Jim) Parke has practiced law in California for nearly 41 years. Jim graduated from California State University, Fullerton in 1975 and from Pepperdine University School of Law in 1978.
An esteemed expert in all areas of family law, Jim has also served as an adjunct professor of Family Law at Trinity Law School. He has spoken on several family law-related topics throughout Southern California, and regularly contributes to divorce recovery workshops. He has also written several articles related to family law.
Jim understands the psychological aspect of family law, and he knows the importance of helping a client pass through the dissolution process as quickly, painlessly, and fairly as possible. He works hard and professionally to attempt to resolve many, if not all, of the issues of a case. On the other hand, if the case requires litigation, Jim is known as a “fighter” who has outstanding trial skills.
Jim has an AV Preeminent peer review rating by Martindale.com, He is a Fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML) and served as co-dean of the 2013 AAML Institute of Trial Advocacy.
In addition, Jim has been listed as a Super Lawyer since 2004, and has been named to the Best Lawyers in America list for the last five years. He is also a Founding Fellow of the Society of Fellows of the Orange County Bar Foundation.
Jim was named one of the “Top 50 Attorneys” in Orange County in 2019.
*Certified Family Law Specialist by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- California, 1978
- Pepperdine University, 1978
- California State University at Fullerton, 1975
Professional Positions, Associations, and Memberships
- State Bar of California
- Orange County Bar Association
- Orange County Jewish Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- Top 50 Attorney (Orange County) 2019
- 2022 AV Preeminent – Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence (Martindale)
- 2022 Super Lawyers selection
- 2021 Super Lawyers selection
- 2020 Super Lawyers selection
- 2019 Super Lawyers selection
- 2018 Super Lawyers selection
- 2017 Super Lawyers selection
- 2016 Super Lawyers selection
- 2015 Super Lawyers selection
- AV Preeminent 5 out of 5 Peer Review Rated, 2014
- 2013 Super Lawyers selection
- 2012 Super Lawyers selection
- 2011 Super Lawyers selection
- 2010 Super Lawyers selection
- 2009 Super Lawyers selection
- 2006 Super Lawyers selection
- 2005 Super Lawyers selection
- 2004 Super Lawyers selection
Experience the HBP Difference
We pledge to serve & protect your interests
We will work tirelessly to achieve your goals
We promise to make you important
We have over 300 years' experience combined
We have 14 Certified Family Law Specialists (CFLS) as certified by the California Board of Legal Specialization
Our attorneys are waiting to help you
Professional Legal Help
Telephonic Case Assessment
1897 California Ave., Ste. 102, Corona, CA 92881
4940 Campus Dr., Ste. A, Newport Beach, CA 92660
38975 Sky Canyon Dr., Ste. 101, Murrieta, CA 92563
3780 12th Street, Riverside, CA 92501
3110 Camino Del Rio S., Ste. 308, San Diego, CA 92108
380 S. Melrose Dr., Ste. 347, Vista, CA 92083