John R. Denny, CFLS*
John R. Denny has been an attorney for over 25 years, and has practiced family law exclusively since 2003. He is well-versed in litigation as well as mediation and collaborative law, which qualifies him to advise clients on every option available when pursuing resolutions through family court.
An active listener, Mr. Denny maintains a deep understanding of his clients’ goals and concerns, and applies his extensive knowledge of the California Family Code to their unique situations. He believes that peaceful settlements usually yield the best and most cost-effective results but knows when to engage in litigation to defend his clients’ best interests.
As a Certified Family Law Specialist (CFLS), Mr. Denny has demonstrated a commitment to the highest standards of legal competence in California family law as certified by the State Bar of California.
Highly regarded in the legal community, Mr. Denny has garnered a plethora of accolades from his peers. He was named a Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2004, and a Super Lawyer in 2011 and 2012. He has been named a Certified Specialist in Family Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. Mr. Denny holds membership in the State Bar of California, and in the Orange County Bar Association’s family law and alternative dispute resolution sections. He is on the Board of Collaborative Divorce Solutions of Orange County (CDSOC), and serves as its President (2010-2011). He has been a board member of Collaborative Practice California (CP Cal) since 2014, and was that group’s president in 2017-2018. He is a member of the International Association of Collaborative Professionals (IACP), and is a Founding Fellow of the Society of Fellows of the Orange County Bar Foundation.
Mr. Denny graduated cum laude from Loyola Law School in 1994, where he was a member of the Order of the Coif, the St. Thomas More Honor Society, and the Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review (1992-1994). Prior to law school, he graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., Economics, 1980).
*Certified Family Law Specialist by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Collaborative Divorce
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Alimony / Spousal Support
- Prenuptial & Postnuptial Agreements
- Domestic Partnership Dissolution
- Post Decree Modifications
- Unmarried Parents
- Parenting Plans (Child Visitation)
- Legal Separation
- Loyola Law School
- University of California, Los Angeles
Honors and Awards
- 2011 & 2012 Super Lawyer
- 2004 Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Certified Family Law Specialist (CFLS)
Professional Positions, Associations, and Memberships
- Member of the State Bar of California
- Member of the Orange County Bar Association’s Family Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution sections
- President of Collaborative Divorce Solutions of Orange County (CDSOC) – (2010-2011, 2020 – current)
- Previously held membership with Collaborative Practice California (CP Cal) – served as its president (2017-2018)
- Member of the International Association of Collaborative Professionals (IACP)
- Founding Fellow of the Society of Fellows of the Orange County Bar Foundation
Experience the HBP Difference
We pledge to serve & protect your interests
We will work tirelessly to achieve your goals
We promise to make you important
We have over 300 years' experience combined
We have 14 Certified Family Law Specialists (CFLS) as certified by the California Board of Legal Specialization
Our attorneys are waiting to help you
Professional Legal Help
Telephonic Case Assessment
1897 California Ave., Ste. 102, Corona, CA 92881
4940 Campus Dr., Ste. A, Newport Beach, CA 92660
38975 Sky Canyon Dr., Ste. 101, Murrieta, CA 92563
3780 12th Street, Riverside, CA 92501
3110 Camino Del Rio S., Ste. 308, San Diego, CA 92108
380 S. Melrose Dr., Ste. 347, Vista, CA 92083