A divorce may need post-decree modifications and updates

Post-Judgment Modifications in Temecula

Can a Court Order Be Changed?

Given the right set of circumstances, a court order can be changed through a post-judgment modification. Holstrom, Block & Parke, A Professional Law Corporation, is ready and able to assist you through the process of having your court order modified. This is a common occurrence for persons who have been through a divorce, especially when spousal or child support is ordered.

Grounds for a Post-Judgment Modification

Wanting your financial responsibilities decreased is not considered legal grounds for a modification of your court order. If the judge decided that you should be held responsible for the payment of child or spousal support, it is likely that the ruling will stand. These decisions are rarely overturned, except in matters that qualify for an appeal.

If you have had a financial setback of your own that was out of your control, you may be able to have a modification. Keep in mind that any voluntary changes you make to your own financial well-being will never count as grounds for modification. Therefore, if you changed your job willingly, or moved to another state of your own volition, this is not grounds for modification—even if either of those changes means that you are unable to make your court ordered support payments.

If you find yourself in an uncontrollable situation, our attorneys will be able to help you reduce your court-ordered payments. These situations may include a diagnosed health issue, being terminated or laid off from your job, or being forced to relocate for your current job. Even within this realm, your case may not be as clear-cut as you would hope.

Speak to the lawyers at Holstrom, Block & Parke, A Professional Law Corporation, in Temecula to determine if you have adequate cause for a post-judgment modification, and let us help you decrease your monthly payments. We can represent your case in order to maximize your chance to achieve the outcome you’re looking for.

Call our Temecula office at (951) 749-5863, or contact us online to schedule a free phone consultation.

Experience the HBP Difference

We pledge to serve & protect your interests

We will work tirelessly to achieve your goals

We promise to make you important

We have over 300 years' experience combined

We have 9 Certified Family Law Specialists (CFLS) as certified by the California Board of Legal Specialization

Our attorneys are waiting to help you

Professional Legal Help

Free Phone Consultation

(855) 939-9111

1897 California Ave., Ste. 102, Corona, CA 92881

Newport Beach
4940 Campus Dr., Ste. A, Newport Beach, CA 92660

38975 Sky Canyon Dr., Ste. 101, Murrieta, CA 92563

3780 12th Street, Riverside, CA 92501

San Diego
3110 Camino Del Rio S., Ste. 308, San Diego, CA 92108

380 S. Melrose Dr., Ste. 347, Vista, CA 92083

135 South State College, Brea, CA 92821