Modifications to ensure you and your child’s needs are protected

Child Support Modifications in Southern CA

Keep Your Support Order Up-to-Date in Corona, Temecula & Newport Beach

Minor children of separated parents are entitled to the same level of support they would receive if both parents were living together, which is why courts order child support. However, meeting and enforcing these obligations can be emotionally and financially taxing. Not to mention that when you least expect it, unforeseen circumstances can come into play, affecting the standard of living you are accustomed to and your ability to help support your children.

How to Modify Child Support

Fortunately, in the event that such circumstances arise, California law allows you to petition the court that handled your initial support order for a modification of the financial terms. At Holstrom, Block & Parke, APLC, we can help you navigate the process of seeking a child support modification to ensure the needs of you and your child are protected.

There are several reasons why a parent may request a modification of child support, including, but not limited to, the following:

  • Decrease of income (ex: loss of job)
  • Child’s needs have increased
  • Non-custodial parent has remarried
  • Increase in income

Depending on your case, the court may either grant a temporary or permanent modification of child support. A temporary modification is a one-time expenditure to cover a child’s immediate needs, such as braces. A permanent modification reflects a substantial change to the long-term needs of your child, such as new medical conditions.

Don’t Do It Alone. Get Experienced Legal Counsel Today!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding child support modifications, get in touch with the Southern California family law offices of Holstrom, Block & Parke, APLC. We will work to ensure that the income figures are accurate and will aggressively argue any special circumstances that might call for modifications. Our main priority is to pursue that the best possible outcome, while keeping the best interests of your children in mind.

Schedule your free phone consultation to get started: (855) 939-9111!

Contact Us

Get Professional Legal Help

Experience the HBP Difference

We pledge to serve & protect your interests

We will work tirelessly to achieve your goals

We promise to make you important

We have over 300 years' experience combined

We have 10 Certified Family Law Specialists (CFLS) as certified by the California Board of Legal Specialization

Our attorneys are waiting to help you

Professional Legal Help

Free Phone Consultation

(855) 747-6225

Orange County Office
4940 Campus Dr., Suite A, Newport Beach, CA 92660

Corona Office
1897 California Ave., Suite 102, Corona, CA 92881

Brea Office *by appointment only
135 South State College, Brea, CA 92821

Temecula Valley Office
38975 Sky Canyon Dr., Suite 101, Murrieta, CA 92563

Riverside Office
3780 12th Street, Riverside, CA 92501

Vista Office
380 S. Melrose Dr., Suite 347, Vista, CA 92083