Dennis M. Sandoval, CEPLS*, CTLS**, CELA***
Estate Planning, Trust & Probate
Over the last 30 years, Dennis M. Sandoval built a preeminent law practice in the Inland Empire focusing on estate planning, special needs trusts, elder law, probates, conservatorships, trust administration, will and trust litigation and tax controversy. His firm now operates as Sandoval Legacy Group, a division of Holstrom, Block & Parke, A Professional Law Corporation, after a January 2020 merger.
He is the only attorney in California certified in the three areas of estate planning, elder law, and taxation. He received his Certified Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Specialist (CEPLS) designation from the California Bar Board of Legal Specialization in 1998 and his Certified Taxation Law Specialist (CTLS) designation in 2000 from the same organization. He is a Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA), a designation he proudly received in 2004 after meeting all the requirements established by the National Elder Law Foundation (NELF) and the American Bar Association.
In 1992, a car accident left Dennis paralyzed and reliant on a wheelchair for mobility. He adapted to his disability to continue operating a successful law firm, while remaining active in the community and with his family. The experience has granted Dennis a perspective that he shares with many of his clients who come from disabled or senior communities.
Mr. Sandoval has assisted thousands of clients in legal matters related to his practice areas. His devotion to jurisprudence and ethics has earned him the designation of Fellow from the National Academy of Elder Law Attorney. He consistently receives top ratings from clients and legal services directories.
An active presence in the legal community, Dennis regularly speaks at national and local conferences, and has held faculty positions at several universities including Chapman University Dale E. Fowler School of Law, Stetson University College of Law, University of California Riverside, and University of Redlands. In addition, Mr. Sandoval has served on the Board of Directors and in various officer positions for legal associations and various non-profit organizations primarily working with the elderly and disabled individuals.
Dennis enjoys spending time at his home in Norco with his wife, three daughters, grandson, and a menagerie of pets. He also enjoys maintaining marine aquariums, building model ships, collecting and carving scrimshaw, and photography.
*Certified Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law Specialist by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
**Certified Taxation Law Specialist by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
***Certified Elder Law Attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation and the American Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Estate & Trust Litigation
- Wills & Trusts
- Elder Law
- Tax Law
- Tax Controversy
- Special Needs Trusts
- Western State University College of Law, Fullerton, California – Juris Doctorate, 1996
- Golden Gate University, School of Law, San Francisco, California – LL.M. Tax, Tax Law, 1999
- California State University Fullerton – BA, Business Administration / Finance, 1983
Honors and Awards
- 2011 Member of the Year – National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Fellow – National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
Professional Positions, Associations, and Memberships
- Director of Education Emeritus, American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys (AAEPA)
- Board of Directors, National Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys
- Board of Directors, National Elder Law Foundation
- Board of Directors, Southern California Chapter of National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Chairperson, Riverside County Bar Association, Estate Planning and Elder Law Section
- Special Needs Alliance
- The Academy of Special Needs Planners
- Riverside County Bar Association
- San Bernardino County Bar Association
- Riverside County Estate Planning Council
- San Bernardino County Estate Planning Council
- Inland Empire Planned Giving Roundtable
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- University of California Riverside
- Adjunct Professor – Professional Fiduciaries Certification program
- University of Redlands
- Adjunct Professor – Certified Financial Planner program
- Chapman University, Fowler School of Law
- Adjunct Professor – LL.M. (Tax) Program
- State Bar of California, 1996
Experience the HBP Difference
We pledge to serve & protect your interests
We will work tirelessly to achieve your goals
We promise to make you important
We have over 300 years' experience combined
We have 14 Certified Family Law Specialists (CFLS) as certified by the California Board of Legal Specialization
Our attorneys are waiting to help you
Professional Legal Help
Telephonic Case Assessment
1897 California Ave., Ste. 102, Corona, CA 92881
4940 Campus Dr., Ste. A, Newport Beach, CA 92660
38975 Sky Canyon Dr., Ste. 101, Murrieta, CA 92563
3780 12th Street, Riverside, CA 92501
3110 Camino Del Rio S., Ste. 308, San Diego, CA 92108
380 S. Melrose Dr., Ste. 347, Vista, CA 92083